From Elements of Your Life on Facebook
My word for the year is breathe. My word for September and October is choices.
Everything I do is a choice. Owning my choices is a sign of being a grown-up. I’m not always a great grown-up. Some days, I would rather shift blame than face myself. That’s a choice too, though not a productive one. We don’t have to grow up. We can choose to blame our past, blame others or circumstances and stay stuck as a victim OR.. we can find freedom. That too is a choice.
Some choices I’ve made this month.
- Remembering not to do something permanently stupid because I’m temporarily upset. (I have a temper, I need to staple this one to my forehead)
- Being happy no matter what mood someone else is in.
- Not letting people lie to me.
- Allowing people in my life who tell me the truth, even if it hurts my feelings.
- Being real and honest with my mentor.
- Investing in my career and buying my own banjo stand and taking lessons instead of going to the State Fair.
- Facing my feelings and not wasting anymore time playing Facebook games and other things just to zone out.
- Increasing my practice time from 30 minutes a day to at least an hour if not two.
- Moving for an hour a day.
- Eating what my nutritionist tells me to eat so that the pain in my stomach doesn’t return rather than turn to comfort food and old habits which does cause pain.*
- Performing Stand Up twice a month at open mics.
- Listening to God when he tells me NO! I’m at the point in my walk where his expectations of how I live my life are crystal clear. I’ve learned how to walk, it’s my responsibility to walk in what I’ve learned.
I’ve made some private choices as well and rather than discuss those, I’ll simply carry them out. Every day is a choice. We can choose to stay stuck, or we can choose to grow and move forward. What choices are you making today?
*Old habits that cause pain – sounds like a great blog topic for later this week.