The phone calls, tweets, and spam mails have already started. Everyone it seems is collecting donations for Haiti. How can a person sift through the fake from the real? By being a good steward and doing a little research.
The good news is, there are real organizations out there that are offering real time support. They are who they say they are. One such organization is Compassion International.
My husband and I support Compassion International and while I’m not trying to compare – there really is no comparison. One of the ways we support Compassion International is by being a Compassion Blogger. I only recommend organizations I believe in. So please if you are moved to help the people of Haiti financially, do so through Compassion International.
HOW TO HELP: HAITI EARTHQUAKE
WHY GIVE TO COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL:
Links regarding Compassion International’s financial integrity:
- $35 helps provide a relief pack filled with enough food and water to sustain a family for one week.
- $70 gift helps care for their needs for two weeks.
- $105 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain two families for two weeks.
- $210 gift helps care for two families’ needs.
- $525 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain 10 families for two weeks.
- $1,050 gift helps care for 10 families’ needs.
- $1,500 helps rebuild a home.
- $2,100 helps supply 20 families with the basics for three weeks.
Due to the high number of responses it may take longer than normal to process your transaction.
Please join us in helping Compassion International reach the Haiti Earthquake Victims. Donate Today by clicking this link.
FOR SPONSORS OF HAITIAN CHILDREN: Children most likely to be affected by the earthquake are in projects in and around Port Au Prince. For continued updates go here: SPONSOR UPDATES
To connect with other sponsors of Haitian children for prayer, support, and information join OurCompassion.org (our social networking site for sponsors) and follow this link to the group “Heart For Haiti” that has formed there: http://bit.ly/91pIXk
Here is the donation link again:
Thank you so much for your help.
I only recommend organizations that I support myself and I believe in. No goods or services were received in exchange for this post. Posted by Deana O’Hara on Redemptions Heart, January 14, 2010